The Reflections program
Students, we are asking you to participate in our Reflections Arts program! You do NOT have to be a PTSA member to participate. Student winners from the local level have the opportunity to move up through their district, region, council, and state PTA programs to the national level. National Reflections winners are celebrated annually at National PTA's Convention & Expo in June.
You may submit your completed original works of art in one, or all, of the available arts categories, based on the annual theme: Dance Choreography, Film Production, Literature, Music Composition, Photography, Visual Arts.
Category-specific rules can be found HERE
Reflections Contest Details - ENTRIES DUE BY OCTOBER 31, 2021
Title and Artist Statement
Judges will consider your title and artist statement to learn more about your original work and creative interpretation of the theme. Give your work a title that stands out and describes how your work relates to your own personal interpretation of the theme. Use these guiding questions to help you write an artist statement:
- How does your work relate to the theme?
- What is your personal connection to the theme?
- What did you use to create your work (e.g., supplies, technology, instrumentation, props, etc.)
- What/who was your inspiration?
The Special Artists Division
The Reflections Arts Program offers modified rules and guidelines for students with disabilities who receive services under IDEA or ADA: Section 504. Learn more in the Special Artists category.
Judges look for personal interpretations on the program theme that best exemplify creativity and technical skill.
- Interpretation: How closely the piece relates to the theme, based on the work itself and the artist statement.
- Creativity: How creative and original the piece is in its conception of the theme and its presentation.
- Technique: The level of skill demonstrated in the basic principles/techniques of the arts area.
Recognition for our Boca High Participants & Winners
- During a spring PTSA General Membership meeting, our participants will be recognized with a certificate and an award.
- Student participants that places either 1st, 2nd or 3rd will receive a special award.
Scholarships and Prizes
National level awards include the following:
- Merit Award: Bronze Medal; Certificate of Merit; Work featured in the traveling exhibition.
- Award of Excellence: $200 Young Artist Scholarship; Silver Medal; Certificate of Excellence; Work featured in the traveling exhibition.
- Outstanding Interpretation Award: An expense-paid trip for awardee and chaperone to showcase work on stage at the National PTA Awards and Reflections Celebration; $800 Young Artist Scholarship; Gold Medal; Certificate of Outstanding Interpretation; Work featured in the traveling exhibition; $200 Prize for Local PTA Unit.
Download the paperwork/rules HERE or get it from Student Services.
Link to PTA Florida website: http://www.floridapta.org/programs/reflections
Link to PTA National website: https://www.pta.org/home/programs/reflections
CONGRATULATIONS 2020 WINNER!!!
CONGRATULATIONS 2019 WINNERS!!!
Congratulations to Sophia Anderson for moving on to the National Level Competition. Listen to her award-winning song.
State-level Award of Excellence honorees receive:
Prizes include a $50 Award check, Award of Excellence ribbon, medal, and certificate. Artwork will be showcased at the Florida PTA Leadership Convention Reflections Gallery.
State-level Award of Merit honorees receive:
Prizes include: Award of Merit ribbon and certificate. Artwork will be showcased at the Florida PTA Leadership Convention Reflections Gallery.
We are very proud of our Visual Arts & Literature entries for competing and earning awards at both the school and county levels.
Feel free to contact our Reflections chair by sending an email.