We're excited to announce that two of our Boca High winners, Isabel Yianilos and Thiago Silva, placed at the County level and are advancing to State competition. Congratulations!
The Boca Raton High School PTSA had 34 Visual Arts entries in the National PTA Reflections Art Contest. Thank you to all who entered. The following pieces of art have moved on to PBCC PTA/PTSA where they will be judged against artwork created by their peers. Notification of winners at the county level will take place early next year. We will keep you posted on the Bobcats who made it to the next level. Special thanks to Jessica Greenberg for promoting this program in her classes!
Reflect on the theme:
“Heroes Around Me”
Create an original work of art!
Students, we are asking you to participate in our Reflections Arts program! Submit original artwork in any of six areas, based on the "Heroes Around Me" theme:
Reflections Contest Details
Title and Artist Statement
Judges will consider your title and artist statement to learn more about your original work and creative interpretation of the theme. Give your work a title that stands out and describe how your work relates to your own personal interpretation of the theme.
Use these guiding questions to help you write an artist statement:
- How does your work relate to the theme?
- What is your personal connection to the theme?
- What did you use to create your work (e.g., supplies, technology, instrumentation, props, etc.)
- What/who was your inspiration?
Judges look for personal interpretations on the program theme that best exemplify creativity and technical skill.
- Interpretation: How closely the piece relates to the theme, based on the work itself and the artist statement.
- Creativity: How creative and original the piece is in its conception of the theme and its presentation.
- Technique: The level of skill demonstrated in the basic principles/techniques of the arts area.
Scholarships and Prizes
National level awards include the following:
- Merit Award: Bronze Medal; Certificate of Merit; Work featured in the traveling exhibition.
- Award of Excellence: $200 Young Artist Scholarship; Silver Medal; Certificate of Excellence; Work featured in the traveling exhibition.
- Outstanding Interpretation Award: An expense-paid trip for awardee and chaperone to showcase work on stage at the National PTA Awards and Reflections Celebration; $800 Young Artist Scholarship; Gold Medal; Certificate of Outstanding Interpretation; Work featured in the traveling exhibition; $200 Prize for Local PTA Unit.
Download the paperwork/rules HERE or get it from Student Services.
Feel free to contact our Reflections chair by sending an email.